|Supports:||WordPress 2.8 – 3.3|
|Other:||WordPress.org | SVN|
Audit Trail is a plugin to keep track of what is going on inside your blog. It does this by recording certain actions (such as who logged in and when) and storing this information in the form of a log. Not only that but it records the full contents of posts (and pages) and allows you to restore a post to a previous version at any time.
- Log of user actions inside your blog – useful for finding out who did what in a multi-user system
- Extensible, allowing other plugins the ability to add and display items in the Audit Trail
- Ability to track registered user page visits
- Fully localized
The plugin is simple to install:
- Download Audit Trail
audit-traildirectory to your
- Go to the plugin management page and enable the plugin
You can find full details of installing a plugin on the plugin installation page.
NOTE: If you are upgrading from a pre 1.0 version please de-activate and then re-activate the plugin. This will upgrade your database tables (unfortunately any existing Audit Trail data will be lost).
Audit Trail is available in the following languages (included in the plugin):
- Estonian (thanks to Lembik Kivisik)
- Belorussian (thanks to Marcis G.)
- Simplified Chinese (thanks to maoanyuan)
- Japanese, thanks to Chestnut
- Romanian, thanks to Mikalay Lisica
- Lithuanian, thanks to Nata Strazda
- Russian, thanks to Alyona Lompar
If you are multi-lingual then I always appreciate any translations that you can provide.
Once the plugin is installed then your actions are already being recorded. You can view the Audit Trail log from the Manage/Audit Trail page.
Note that some entries in the log can be clicked and will expand to show more details.
From the options page you can configure exactly what actions are audited. Any plugins that support Audit Trail will also display themselves here.
Users with the ‘
edit_plugins‘ or ‘
audit_trail‘ capability can view and administer the Audit Trail plugin. The ‘
audit_trail‘ capability can be added with the Role Manager plugin.
Support & Bugs
Support and feature requests should be made through the Audit Trail support forum. You can contact me directly but I spend a very limited amount of time on direct support and you stand a better chance of being answered through the forum.
If you find the plugin useful then please do consider making a donation – it is appreciated and helps towards the maintenance of the plugin.